Teriyaki sauce ingredients
4c soy sauce
1/2t minced garlic
1/2t mince ginger
2t cornflour mixed with 2t water
2 chicken breasts, cut into 1.5 inch cubes
2c cornflakes, finely crushed
2T Cajun seasoning
Olive oil, to drizzle
3 cakes of dried egg noodles
2T sesame oil
2c vegetables, chopped
2t minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 200˚C and line a rimmed baking sheet with baking paper. Cook the noodles according to instructions until cooked halfway through. Drain and set aside.
- Place the chicken in a bowl with the buttermilk and refrigerate while making the sauce.
- Mix the teriyaki sauce ingredients together in a small saucepan heat over a medium heat until boiling. Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook for another 7 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the rest of the popcorn chicken ingredients. Dip the chicken into the mixture (allowing excess buttermilk to drip off first) then place on the baking sheet with a little space in between pieces. Bake for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large frying pan or wok over a medium-high heat and cook the garlic for a minute. Add the vegetables and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add the noodles and teriyaki sauce and cook for another two minutes, stirring continuously.
- Serve immediately topped with the popcorn chicken.