Honey mustard ingredients
1t lemon juice
Pinch of pepper
1 chicken breast, sliced into 6 strips (across the width)
1t baking powder
1t dried mixed herbs
1t garlic powder
1t ground black pepper
Vegetable oil (for deep frying)
6 slider buns
A handful of lettuce
6 small slices of cheese
- Place the chicken pieces into a bowl of buttermilk and allow to refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Mix the honey mustard ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, herbs and spices.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a medium sauce pan (enough to cover the chicken pieces.)
- To test the heat, if you drop a small section of bread into the oil it will float and bubble.
- Coat the chicken pieces in the seasoning and drop into the oil for 5 minutes each. You can put several in at a time but don’t over crowd.
- Remove from the oil carefully and place into the slider buns along with the cheese, lettuce and honey mustard.